A Fire in One Room Can Damage an Entire Atlanta Home
National fire statistics indicate that a residential fire occurs approximately every 90 seconds somewhere in the United States. However, when your home suffers fire damage, only one fire matters to you. Personal belongings are a treasure of life, and a reflection of hard work and achievements. Photographs, books, and other personal items have a value that cannot be put into words. SERVPRO of South Atlanta restoration professionals have the ability to help restore your belongings.
Regardless of the size of the fire event, a fire in one room can damage belongings and surfaces throughout your entire home and cause odors that may last for years. There’s no such thing as an insignificant fire when it comes to our Atlanta, GA customer’s property. So if you’ve experienced a fire loss or need to file a fire claim call SERVPRO of South Atlanta at (404) 505-1760 or click here and one of our loss coordinators will contact you ASAP! We can help restore your property to preloss condition and can make fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of South Atlanta professionals understand how events like fire can affect your life. Concerns may range from the expense of replacing personal belongings to the emotions associated with losing an actual keepsake or family heirloom. Typically restoring an item will save you money versus replacing the item, relieving your concern of losing priceless treasures. SERVPRO of South Atlanta restoration professionals make up a 24-hour emergency response team, trained in caring for both the home and the homeowner. Our highly trained IICRC Certified and uniformed technicians can be on-site of an Atlanta fire damaged property within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services (in most cases our restoration specialists are on-site in under two hours when responding to an emergency service call). By responding quickly with a full line of fire cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO of South Atlanta professionals can help you regain control quickly and help protect your home and personal belongings.
SERVPRO of South Atlanta Inventory Services
Content Claims Inventory & Pack-Out Services
- Emergency Inventory
- Pre-loss Inventory
- Restoration and Replacement Cost Data
- Schedule of Loss-Adjusting Software - Industry Exclusive Access
- Complete Inventory - Total Loss Items, Questionable Items & Restorable Items
- Electronic Reporting - Customizable Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Reports Increase Flexibility
Things to DO while help is on the way:
Limit your movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet. Keep your hands clean, soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork. Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas. If the power is off or electricity is out, empty the freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor. Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant. If the heat is off and it is winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures. Wipe down and clean houseplants, being sure to clean both sides of their leaves. Change furnace and HVAC filters, but leave the system off until a trained professional can check the system. Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
Things NOT TO DO after fire damage:
- DO NOT attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting a trusted fire restoration specialist like those found at SERVPRO of South Atlanta.
- DO NOT attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting a trusted fire restoration company like SERVPRO of South Atlanta.
- DO NOT attempt to clean electrical appliances (TV, computers, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- DO NOT consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water. They could be contaminated and are not suitable for consumption.
- DO NOT turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
- DO NOT send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odors.
Restoration VS Replacement
Restoring your property reduces claims costs and saves you money. In most cases, restoring belongings to preloss condition. Many treasured belongings and keepsakes can be saved. So, before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the fire damage yourself, call the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at SERVPRO of South Atlanta. We are proud to provide industry leading fire restoration services to the Metro Atlanta area including East Point, Lakewood, College Park and Atlanta.