Is Your Business Prepared for a Disaster?
Successful business owners take the necessary steps to make sure the business runs as smoothly as possible.Once thing that often gets overlooked is a preparedness plan for natural and accidental disasters. As many as 50 percent of companies may never recover, following a disaster. Of the ones that survive, an overwhelming majority had a plan in place. Pre planning can serve as an insurance policy, aimed at peace of mind. By developing a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance, is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. An ERP will help you be “Ready for whatever happens”.
Working with SERVPRO of South Atlanta to develop your personalized ERP, your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural, man-made or accidental disaster. SERVPRO is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
What is a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan?
An ERP serves as a no cost, quick reference report of important building and contact information that can be a very important tool in the event of a disaster. Your SERVPRO of South Atlanta marketer will assist you by working with your maintenance team, if available, to develop a plan that is personalized to your business. The information gathered by our mitigation specialist will be neatly organized into an easy to use ERP information packet that you can keep on hand at your facility in case of disaster. The information gathered will also be available in digital format via the SERVPRO ERP READY App so you can literally take this information with you anywhere you go (available for free on both apple and android devices app stores).
- We will Locate and document all of the following, if applicable:
- Gas, electric and water shut off valves.
- Fire escapes
- Hazardous materials
- Computer equipment
- Battery back-ups
- Emergency stairwells
- Smoke alarm Systems
- Fire alarm systems
- Carbon monoxide detection systems
- Burglar alarm systems
- Important documents
- Back up generators
- Blueprint locations
- Sprinkler systems
- Servers/IT systems
- Take pictures of all of the important places and possible documents that would need to be saved first, in the event of a disaster.
- Generate a report, either electronically, manually or both, for you and your employees to have on hand, at all times, in case of a disaster.
- Identify the company line of command, should you need to authorize any emergency services.
- Identify and document all utility company emergency phone numbers, helping have a reference should you need to call them quickly.
- Assist SERVPRO of South Atlanta to know what steps to take first, when we arrive on scene. Such as where to park, which entrance to the building and which elevator to use.
- Establishes SERVPRO of South Atlanta as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Can help minimize the amount of time your business could be inactive.
By clicking here you can contact your local SERVPRO of South Atlanta marketing representative to set your ERP today. We will have one of our experienced and knowledgeable marketers set up a time that works best for you and your business.